Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I've been doing so much in the last week!

I'm working on a portfolio to apply for some visual development internship/apprenticeship type things. One of the deadlines is really soon, another is a ways off. This is pretty much what I've got so far. There's also a page of rough color keys and frames from a title sequence I've been working on, figure drawings, and animal drawings from the zoo (or based on animals from the zoo). I think I'm also going to be including some images I've already posted on my blog, so I didn't repost them here - but it'll probably be the Sifakas, Phil the penguin jumping into the water, the lighthouse on the island, the snowbeast and the guy jumping off the waterfall. I have no idea how many people actually look at this blog - but if you see any big weak points/obvious gaps, please let me know.









And I'm not too sure about including these lamps

1 comment:

Laura said...

You really put too many drawings in one post.
1. The butt of the girl dog should be a little higher. Now it just looks like she is sitting. Really like the bathroom but the puppy should be restrained in some method. He could just jump out of the high chair! (On the other hand its very cute)
2. Love it. Esp the Lassie poster.
3. Like it alot but the problem is that clouds with that much rain tend not to be poofy like that.
4/5. Like them alot. Esp 4.
6. Adorable. The sheep remind me of the sheep mom used to draw when we were little.
7. Problem. There exists a force. It is called gravity. The center of gravity of your island thing is not over the base. Thus, your island is going to fall.

Portfolio: Obviously, it should be all pictures of Phil. But seriously, as much as it pains me to say this, I don't think Phil jumping into the water is one of your strongest. Do love the Sifakas and others. (I also really like gull ship and kitchen cats)